Quilting tables come in many shapes and sizes, so how do you know you’re picking the right one for you? Whether you’re a seasoned quilter or a novice with a need for patchwork, the quest for the perfect quilting table is crucial.
In this article, we dive into how to find the best quilting table, exploring features that cater to functionality, comfort, and the unique needs of quilters at every skill level. Let’s unravel our top 5 picks!
Keep reading for our comprehensive buyer’s guide just in case you’d like to keep shopping around.
Our Top 5 Picks
Best Choice Products Folding Sewing Table
Best Portable and Budget Friendly
Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine Extension Table
Best Storage Capabilities
Sullivans Quilter’s Design Table
There’s a reason we chose this quilting table as our best overall choice: it has a little bit of everything to offer! Keep all your sewing supplies in one space while adding a functional decor piece to your sewing room.
- Easy to store.
- Added organization.
- Wheels keep it mobile.
- Foldable design to fit into small spaces.
- Lightweight at 41 pounds.
- Lockable wheels to prevent movement.
- MDF boards are not durable.
- Hardware could be more durable.
- Spool holders could be sturdier.
Best Portable and Budget-Friendly
Although this option is technically marketed as a quilting table, the singer extension table is perfect for those with limited space or quilters working from their kitchen tables. It’s easy to fold away when not in use and keeps your hands and fingers from aching after a long quilting session.
- No assembly required.
- Gives extra stability.
- Snaps onto Singer models 4411, 4423, 4432, and 4452.
- Legs fold away for easy storage.
- Great value.
- Reduces fatigue.
- Best for smaller projects.
- You still need a sturdy table to work at.
- Will only fit specific machines. You must check the serial numbers.
Best Storage Capability
If you’re searching for a table that can store every sewing and quilting material you have down to that last spool of thread, we have found the quilting table for you.
Not only does this table have massive storage possibilities, it is sturdy, large enough for even the biggest projects, and has the perfect spot for whatever sized chair you have!
- Foldable for easy storage.
- One-inch grid on top for easy measuring.
- Lockable wheels.
- Can place your chair in front of the machine.
- Perfect storage capabilities.
- Hardwear is thin and bends easily.
- Wood is cheaply made and can crack easily.
- Drawers don’t line up perfectly.
Best For Small Spaces
This is the table to pick if you want something small and can easily be folded away until you are ready to use it again. Made with durable materials, this quilting table can ease the fatigue caused by large projects while adding a functional workspace to your sewing area.
- Made with alloy steel for lightweight durability.
- Foldable for simple storage.
- Adjustable shelf for extra comfortable quilting.
- Can be placed anywhere in your home.
- It is not easy to adjust the table.
- A little expensive for what it is.
Best Multifunctional Quilting Table
This quilting table is more than just that; it is a space to hold all of your crafting materials and the perfect place to do them.
The modern style can house baskets, bins, and anything you need to organize your materials. With an open center, you can easily fit a comfortable chair to keep your quilting cozy.
- Large storage space.
- Large flat surface for extra large projects.
- Beautiful design for sewing and crafting room.
- Easily fit in your favorite chair.
- Can add lamps and other necessities while quilting.
- Not natural wood.
- Difficult to assemble.
Buyers Guide to Purchasing the Best Quilting Table
You need your quilting table to maximize your comfort while quilting. The table should allow your feet to be flat when seated, your elbows and knees at 90 degrees, and no obstruction from viewing the sewing needle.
If the table is too short or too tall, you can cause extra fatigue, which in turn offers you even less time to spend on a project.
Before you buy, remember:
- Feet flat.
- 90-degree knees and elbows.
- You can sit directly in front of the sewing needle.
Like ergonomics, the shape of the table can affect your posture and whether you can move freely and easily while quilting. When purchasing a quilting table, ensure the table doesn’t shake when you move or vibrate along with the sewing machine.
You’ll also want a chair that can be positioned in front of your machine, not off to the side.
Only purchase a quilting table if:
- You can easily sit in front of your machine, not stretching or off to the side.
- The table is sturdy and doesn’t move from the machine or your movements.
Pick a Good Chair
Picking the proper chair aids in the purpose of an excellent quilting table.
A good chair can:
- Raise and lower.
- Has adjustable armrests.
- Has wheels that can easily move.
- Can simply adjust the back.
More often than not, ceiling lighting is not enough for quilting. It’s nice to purchase a table with room where you could add a quilting light. That way, you can also improve your eyesight and prevent any straining.
Time to Buy a New Quilting Table!
And there you have it—our top 5 best picks for quilting tables! Whether you’re a quilting pro or just starting out, finding the right table is like discovering the perfect quilting sidekick. We’ve explored options that are as diverse as your projects, from tables with storage solutions to those that promise ergonomic bliss during those marathon quilting sessions.
Now that you have the perfect table, it’s time to search for a new top sewing machine built for the quilting projects of your dreams!
Lauren loves a good crafting project. Whether refinishing a coffee table or playing around with cutting machines or macrame, she isn’t afraid to give it a go!
As a mom and wife, Lauren knows time management when crafting projects is a must! That’s why you can count on her for her easy-to-follow guides and pro tips for making your projects flow flawlessly.
No matter what creative aspect Lauren has dabbled in most, that’s why we love her advice!