Rice Krispies Treats recipes have always been a family favorite! Its a great opportunity to get the kids in on the krispy mixture and add in the marshmallows and rice crispies and even the melted butter! Take the mixture to your prepared pan and whalah! There is so much room to create them in our own style by tossing in chocolate chips or mini marshmallows. Simple directions and ingredients make this an easy game day go to whether its a family football gathering or even a post season soccer party! Plus what better way to amp them up than to grab your favorite team colored melts and make Game Day Rice Krispies Treats?! You can create the classic field or show off your favorite teams colors. Having a football party? Make a batch for each team! Just get some airtight containers and be sure the layers are separated by wax paper.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 oz bag of mini marshmallow
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 12 oz bag of candy melts (green)
- White icing or decorating gel
- In a saucepan add butter and 10 oz of mini marshmallows.
- Next place on med-high heat and stir vigorously.
- Once mixture is melted lower temperature to low-med.
- Next, add 7 cups of rice krispies in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir thoroughly.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and pour into a 9x9x1 baking pan.
- Allow 2-4 hours to completely cool.
- Next cut the treats into rectangles, being sure to trim the edges.
- Melt candy melts according to the directions on the bag.
- Once completely melted, use a spoon to cover the tops of the rectangles.
- Allow candy melts to dry
- Once dried, use the white icing or decorating gel to make lines across the treats to resemble the football field.
- Serve and enjoy